10.21.2009

My SECRET Project REVEALED :: warm hearts contest!


Thanks for tuning in to find out what has been lurking in my brain lately. I'll cut right to the chase with this one since I've kept my secret project under wraps long enough. It's my first contest! and even better, it's for an amazing cause. Read on for the story and how you can enter.

As many of you already know, our beautiful friend Laura Slocum [of lauraslocumpainted.etsy.com and creativelytangled.etsy.com] was diagnosed with cancer this year and had been sharing her entire treatment and recovery experience with us via her blog. Due to Laura's candidness and bravery in sharing her story with the Etsy community, so many people have pulled together to raise awareness and funds to support cancer research through the American Cancer Society. There's even an Etsy Project Embrace team now and it's going strong! All team members donate proceeds from their shop sales to the American Cancer Society on Laura's behalf. They've done an incredible job so far and have raised over $3,000! I'm so proud to be a part of such a caring community.

Since its inception, it's been at the forefront of my mind to join Etsy Project Embrace and their continuing mission. In the past year, I've seen several people around me.. family and friends.. battle multiple forms of cancer. I lost my uncle this year to cancer. My mom lost one of her closest friends this year to cancer. Fortunately, the others have had successful treatments and are now in full remission. Also, with October being Breast Cancer Awareness month, there's no time like the present to show my support for this important cause.. it affects so many of us in some way or another.

So this is my contribution--my Warm Hearts necklace. It features goldstone hearts and sterling heart link chain, shining and warm...forever linked together--like all of us on this great big earth. It also features beautiful aquamarine teardrops. I felt that the hearts and teardrops worked perfectly together in this piece--if you have a heart, then you've probably cried... (and if you've never cried, then you've never lived). And this piece is one of a kind, just like the person who wears it.

However, rather than selling it, I'd like to send it around the world! But I'll need YOUR help to make this idea work.


I thought it might be a neat idea to send my Warm Hearts necklace around the world, one person at a time just to see how each person would wear it! It's somewhat like a chain letter.. only awesome! I'm always curious how people would wear my designs because everyone's styles are so different. It's my signature "wrap and thread" necklace which would offer the most versatility in styles. This would help me research the true wearability of this design, and in turn, we'd all be helping a wonderful cause.

For every person who participates in "Warm Hearts Around the World", eNVe Designs will donate $1 to St. Jude Children's Hospital on behalf of Laura Slocum. St. Jude Children's Hospital is the leading research hospital for children affected by cancer. It's an amazing place and the beautiful part of their work is that they help ALL children regardless of their family's ability to pay for the care. [I've elected to donate to St. Jude's in my continuing effort to support children's charities. You can read more about my personal "From Blue to Beautiful" campaign here.]


To participate, all you have to do is:
** Email your name and mailing address to warmhearts@envedesigns.com to sign up (I'll send you more specific details when you do)
** When you receive it in the mail, wear the necklace on one occasion (or more if you'd like)
** Email me one or two pictures of you wearing the necklace (this is for the contest!)
** Mail the necklace onto the next person in the chain
THAT'S IT!

From all the participants, I will choose several winners! Categories and prizes to be determined by your votes in a later poll so keep your eyes peeled for that as well.
The necklace will travel for as long as there are people who would like to participate so I hope you'll join in on the fun! As it travels, I'll track each destination on this blog so we can all follow it's journey.


Please spread the word! Let’s continue to raise awareness and help the children and families affected by cancer.












P.S.
Here's a peek at the different ways you can wear the necklace. Dress it up or dress it down. Attach a brooch, wear it as a bracelet, wear it as a belt, layer it with other pieces from your own collection... Play with it and I'm sure you can come up with a style all your own. Get creative! You may be a winner of this contest! :)

[click on the image for larger view]

13 comments:

Monica said...

I love this...emailing you now! :)

Brenda said...

Amazing and brilliant idea! I'll be emailing you shortly! :)

sweetnessjewelry said...

emailing you now :)

lillyella said...

what great fun - count me in!

Sydney said...

This is such a fun & thoughtful idea! I'm in :)

jealousydesign said...

What a wonderful idea, will email you now :)

Lickety Split said...

beautiful necklace! well done friend, I am excited to participate!

Stay Tuned said...

THIS IS AWESOME!!!! I just emailed you!!! Thanks so much, i can't wait!!!! Jenn, Kelly and i all live close by - so we can get it to each other, before it heads out of town. COOL! laura XXOO

mchen said...

What a wonderful idea — what a positive and touching way to raise money and awareness. Emailing you momentarily!

l'actrice said...

Ngan, you always have the nicest ideas:-)

Mollie Ann said...

What a fabulous idea!!! Count me in! Emailing you right now! Thank you Ngan!
:) Mollie

pat said...

what a heart warming, selfless idea & what better cause than st judes.

Penrose Designs said...

Love this idea! You will be getting an e-mail shortly!