1.25.2015

Currently Crushing :: Watercolor Art

http://www.minted.com/product/wall-art-prints/MIN-QY9-GNA/watercolor-inkblot-1?ccId=235511&org=title

During this past year that my husband and I have been in our first home together, I have been having such a great time discovering my design aesthetic through my adventures in home decor! I'm always on the look out for fun, interesting things to make our home "our home"...and even when I'm not thinking about home decor, my subconscious mind is doing a living room makeover for the eleventieth time.

One of the things I realized about myself in this decor adventure is that I really love watercolor art. There's just something about it that resonates with me more than most other art mediums. I love the organic nature of how the colors flow together, lack of well defined lines, and the incredible gradient of dark and light shades that can be created with a single color! And color without form can elicit so much emotion while leaving everything to the imagination!

Is it strange to get so excited about color?

Needless to say, I'm always on the lookout for great watercolor art that I can incorporate into our home. My current project is to put the finishing touches on our master bedroom and I have found some fantastic art prints from minted! Here are some prints I've been eyeing...hopefully, one or two of these will make the final cut. I'm pretty sure I'm getting that ink-blot print, as it is a fun nod to my psychology roots.

Geometric + all of my favorite colors? Yes, please!

http://www.minted.com/product/wall-art-prints/MIN-7YJ-GNA/hexagon-with-dots-in-blue?ccId=250849&org=title

This one reminds me of relaxing in the ocean and the happy colors evoke all the great vacation memories we've had.

http://www.minted.com/product/wall-art-prints/MIN-7HG-GNA/float?ccId=249063&org=title


Or a sweet daily reminder of what's important in my life...

http://www.minted.com/product/wall-art-prints/MIN-41E-GNA/love

Have you been to minted? Not only do they have gorgeous work by artists from around the world, they also do adorable prints for all special occasions, like Minted's new save the date cards.

Which of these should I go with?? 
Stay tuned for which prints I'll choose for the bedroom makeover!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love water color too! And I LOVE your selections!