9.27.2008

What is eNVe anyway?

Well, I guess I should start things off with an intro, right? I never really know what to write in these things... what to say, what not to say. I will try to keep it short and simple (but as you may soon find out, that doesn't always happen).


My name is Ngan (and NV are my initials). Why the two e's surrounding the NV? Well those are just squiggles that I use when I sign my initials sometimes (see banner). There, mystery solved! :)

This is not my first blog. I've been journaling since my awkward teens and traded ink for pixels during my college years (when email and the internet first came around.. hard to believe that there was once a time when those things did not exist!). I am tangential (hence the parentheses). Sometimes I'm full of thoughts and ideas, other times... well... yep... nothing. (I'm also a big fan of ellipses).... I am starting to chip away at my 30's, I just completed my PhD in clinical child psychology, I have a new baby boy who just turned 9 months old, my husband and I just celebrated our 1 year anniversary yesterday... You can do the math. ;) ..and while I'm staying at home full time for our son, I've also started my own little hand-made jewelry business. It's definitely a new era in my life. So many significant changes happened to me this past year.. and I feel that it's just the beginning. Of what?.. no idea.. but we'll find out together. I believe that my 30's will be a decade to document. And what better way to do that than a fresh new page, ready to catch any thoughts that happen to spill onto the keyboard.

So what will I be writing about here? In general, I decided to start this blog to supplement my jewelry websites: envedesigns.com and envejewelry.etsy.com. I wanted a place where I can document my creative process and let you know what jewelry designs I'm currently working on. And on occasion, there will be some jewelry promotions and giveaways here (probably a couple times each season). It would also be a great place to feature random things I happen to find while wandering around the internet. You'll also get a smattering of random topics here and there. That pretty much covers it!

Most importantly though, this will be where you can leave me feedback on my designs. You can also go through my design archives (click on the icon in the left column) and rate the designs. That would help me to know what people like or don't like so I can make more of what you like! So if you have a free minute, click away!

I think that's sufficient for now. I'm new and don't know anyone here on uber. So if you happen to stumble on this page by some random miracle, please say hello!

No comments: