11.19.2008

so I learned something from Martha Stewart

When I was pregnant with Jax, I watched a lot of baby related shows (Baby Story, John & Kate plus 8.. I probably had TLC on all day long). So when Martha Stewart had an all baby special, guess who was watching! There was a lot of cutesy stuff and great mom finds and such, but the only thing I made a note of from that show was this photography idea: for the first year of your child's life, take a picture of him/her each month wearing the same outfit. Such a simple yet clever idea. So that is what I did with Jax. Now that he is approaching 13 months, I've compiled his 1-12 month pictures. It's amazing the amount of change babies go through in the first year!

So did anyone else do this with their child? And if you have any other cool ideas like this, please share!




2 comments:

f2images said...

Very cool idea, and what a doll!!! My best friend is doing something really cool with her 9 year old boy. She's taking a snapshot of him every day for one year, and compiling them into a composite at the end of the year. He is wearing a random outfit in each shot, and they can be shot anywhere (indoors, outdoors, etc.). I'm excited to see the finished product, he's such a ham, and also at the age where he picks out his own clothes, so not everything is perfect......such a sweet idea!

Ngan {eNVe Designs} said...

What a fabulous idea, Emiko! That's quite the commitment to remember to take a picture every single day for an entire year! Definitely worth it though, especially to see the fun mismatched outfits a 9-yr-old puts together! I'll have to file this idea away and use it in the future! Thanks! :)