2.03.2012

Sneak Peek :: I love it raw... and of course versatile ;)


It seems like there's very little time these days to create new one of a kind pieces, but I managed to hammer out this one recently.  It's a rough chunk of prasiolite (also known as green amethyst) suspended from sterling silver wire that I wrapped and hammered, to go with the raw look of the stone.


It slides freely along a delicate satellite chain that I oxidized and then polished.  Little rough pyrite nuggets accent the chain as well.  It's finished with a sturdy sterling bar that I also hammered and wire wrapped to the necklace. 


This piece can be worn short by doubling the chain, pulling the bar toward the front, and toggling through the focal.  It can also be worn long simply by opening the necklace to a single strand and pulling it over your head.  Either way you wear it, it's great as a simple stand alone piece or layered with other chain necklaces. 




Available in the shop soon, along with a couple of other new pieces in the same style!  I'm so in love with gemstones (no big surprise), but there's something about stones in their rough, natural state that makes them truly intriguing to me...uncut, unpolished, yet still gorgeous.  They're also extra special because no two raw stones are ever alike.  More will make their appearance in the shop, so be on the look out!

Have a safe and happy weekend!

3 comments:

Shea Lennon said...

Wow, I've never seen anything like this before--what a gorgeous necklace!! I love the little pyrite accents too.

Sandy a la Mode said...

love those necklaces!! gemstones are such a beauty!

wunderstar said...

This is so beautiful! I've just recently became addicted to collecting gemstones.