4.23.2009

How far can ONE DOLLAR BILL go?


Turn your crinkly dollar into shiny new jewelry and help a great cause at the same time!

As some of you already know, my husband is a member of the Run For Research marathon team and had just completed the Boston Marathon this past Monday! With that major feat behind us, we still have yet another feat of closing the gap toward our fundraising goal for the American Liver Foundation. This year has been tougher on fundraising efforts due to the current state of the economy, so we're incredibly grateful for all the generous support we've received already. And if you currently have one dollar hanging out in your couch cushions, you can still help out! :)

Your one dollar can go a very long way! You can't even buy a decent cup of coffee with one dollar these days, but today, your dollar can make a huge difference! By donating it to our Run-Alex-Run fundraiser for the American Liver Foundation, your dollar will go toward funding vital research that can ultimately save the lives of those afflicted by liver disease.

AND... that same dollar will also go toward your entry into my giveaway! I'll be raffling off THREE eNVe Designs gift certificates in the amount of $30 each. All it takes is your one dollar donation.

Here's how to enter the drawing (A and B are required to enter):

A) Make your donation at www.run-alex-run.com (in any desired amount)
>>> $1 = 1 entry
B) Come back here and post a comment. You must include:
your name (as it appears on the donation)
your donation amount (to verify # of entries)
your email (so I can contact you if you win)
and mention any bonus entries (see below)

Bonus entries (optional):

C) Make any purchase from my Etsy shop (# additional entries = dollar amount of purchase); for the duration of this final fundraiser, I'm donating 100% of my shop proceeds to run-alex-run, so you can help a great cause and add to your spring/summer wardrobe!
D) (5 additional entries) Blog about this charity raffle with a link to this blog post and a link to www.run-alex-run.com; be sure to include your blog link in your comment here so I can verify.
E) (1 additional entry per tweet) Tweet about this charity raffle as many times as you'd like until the day of the drawing; be sure to include your twitter username so I can verify.

Winners will be announced here on
Friday May 15

5 comments:

noblegnome said...

Hi Ngan,
you and your husband are doing such an amazing job raising money for such a worthy cause. I just made a $25 donation which I know is not much but hopefully it will help a little. My email is annastollen@yahoo.com and my blog is http://www.noblegnome.blogspot.com/ . I will be adding a link from it tomorrow and try to get some traffic to your site.

Have a really wonderful weekend,
Anna Edwards

noblegnome.etsy.com

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

~I gave you an award: http://jleighdesignz.blogspot.com/2009/04/works-of-heart-award.html

Sydney said...

How wonderful of your husband to run for such wonderful charities! I made a $25.00 donation (Sydney Szumski). I hope you are able to reach your new goal of $4,000. Best of luck to you and your husband!

scoobidoo540@aol.com

Ngan {eNVe Designs} said...

Dear Anna and Sydney,
Thank you both for your generous donations! You're an immense help in the fight against liver disease. And so far, you're both guaranteed to win one of the raffle prizes! :) It's win-win all around.

ThePeachTree said...

I'm sorry this took me so long but I just donated :) You two are amazing!!